How I change hard-coded texts?
Some texts in our theme are hard-coded, like back and next buttons or labels days, hours, minutes from the countdown. You can't find an option to edit them on the wp-admin dashboard.
So how we can customize them without modifying our theme? The solution is simple. We need to translate string from our theme.
Example. you want to translate "No upcoming events scheduled yet. Stay tuned!" to "We are on vacation for two years", we need to make an English translation. How to do it?
*** In this tutorial, I use often "[your theme name]". Its intended to be replaced by your own theme name eg(fwrd, lush, croma, soundrise, etc..)
1. Download and Install PoEdit software: https://poedit.net/
2. Open Poedit and open file /wp-content/themes/[your theme name]/languages/[your theme name].pot.
3. Click on edit and find, and search for the string you want to modify.
4. If you don't find the string, please open a /wp-content/plugins/[your theme name]-music/languages/[your theme-name]-music.pot and repeat step 3.
5. When you have found in which file is located the string please click on create a new translation.
6. Select the same language selected in your WordPress.
If you are not sure which language is set to your wordpress, please go to wp-admin>setting>general.
7. Find your string again and fill the translation field with your new string.
8. Click on save and save your files in /wp-content/languages/themes.
* If the modification is from our plugin, you need to save file in /wp-content/languages/plugins and the file name should start with "[your theme name]-music-en_US". Exemple: "croma-music-en_US.po".
When we save the po file, a .mo file will be automatically generate. The mo file is the file read by wordpress.